Guidelines for empanelment as Supplier for sourcing of tribal products:
i) The basis of empanelment of suppliers which include individual tribals, SHGS,
organizations, agencies etc., would be the personal satisfaction of the
respective Regional Manager of TRIFED about the status of the suppliers.
ii) In case of individual supplier the respective Regional Manager of TRIFED
will have to satisfy himself/herself about the status of such individual being
iii) In case of SHGs and organizations the respective Regional Manager of
TRIFED will have to satisfy himself/herself about the genuineness of such
group/organization and that the activity of purchasing by TRIFED would
benefit tribals.If the concerned RM is satisfied about the genuineness of
such supplier and that purchases to be made by TRIFED would benefit
tribals and then such tribals/ SGHs can be empanelled.
iv) Documentary evidence from any of the authorities mentioned below or
secondary documents like school records, land register, local authority
record etc., may be taken as an additional support to satisfy
· District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy
Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class
Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka
Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate).
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the Area where the candidate and/or his family
- Administrator/ Secretary to the Administrator / Development Officer
- BDO of the block under whose jurisdiction artisan/ organisation/ works falls.
- Certificate from local Panchayat under which the jurisdiction of which artisan/
organisation/ works falls.
- School certificate indicating caste status.
- Document from the office of Development Commissioner (Handicraft)/
(Handloom) indicating caste status.
- Certificate issued by any of TRIFED’s Member organisation confirming caste status.
- Ration cards or any other document issued by any Central/State Govt. department
(Not organisation) indicating caste status.
v) In case of sourcing of products from organisations working with the majority of
tribals, then items can be sourced from such organizations.
vi) In case of sourcing of products from organizations working with tribals but not
with majority of tribals, items can be sourced in the proportion of the tribals”
contribution to the total turn over of the respective
organisation or only those items can be sourced which are made by tribals.
vii) Items can also be sourced from organizations if sourcing of such products benefits
tribals at any intermediate stage of production provided the same organisation is
involved at all different stages of production.
viii) Items can also be sourced from organizations which are getting financial
assistance from Ministry of Tribal Affairs,NSTFDC and member organizations
(ix) It will be the personal responsibility of the concerned RM of TRIFED to
ensure that the empanelled supplier is a tribal or the organisation is
working with tribals.
To empanel, either download the form and send the filled form to Executive Director,
TRIFED Delhi/Regional Manager, and TRIFED.
Fill the online form below